10 Offers for the Construction of the Last 16,5 Kilometers of “Europe” Highway between Slivnitsa Town and Sofia City
10 are the opened offers in the course of the public bid for the construction of the last 16,5-kilometer-long section of “Europe” Highway between Slivnitsa town and the road connection with the Northern high-speed tangent.
The route construction of “Europe” Highway between “Kalotina” Checkpoint and Sofia ring road is divided into three sections. The construction of the first two sections – from “Kalotina” Checkpoint to Dragoman town and from Dragoman town to Slivnitsa town, includes the upgrading of the existing first-class road I-8 Kalotina-Sofia.
At present, a 14,5-kilometer-long road section is under construction from “Kalotina” checkpoint to Dragoman town and a 17-kilometer-long road section from Dragoman town up to Slivnitsa town is ready.
The offers opened have been submitted by:
- STRABAG SP CLLC*, with participants: STRABAG JSC and STRABAG Sp.z.o.o. - Bulgaria KCHT branch office;
- “Evropa-2022” CLLC*, which incorporates: GBS – INFRASTRUKTURNO STROITELSTVO JSC, GLAVBOLGARSTROY INTERNATIONAL JSC and OBONATO BUILD LTD;
- “STROITEL AM EVROPA” CLLC*, in which are incorporated: GLOBAL CONSTRUCTION JSC, LEVANTINA, INGENIERIA AND CONSTRUCCION SL/LEVANTINA, INGENIERIA Y CONSTRUCCION, S.L.;
- “TARGOMAN” CLLC*, with participants: AVTOMAGISTRALI – CHERNO MORE JSC and ISA 2000 LTD;
- VDH JSC (HYDRO-VOD STROY CLLC*, VDH JSC and HYDROSTROY JSC);
- “KORIDOR ZAPAD-IZTOK” CLLC*, in which are incorporated: GP GROUP JSC and INJSTROYENGINEERING LTD;
- “AM EVROPA 2021” CLLC*, in which Air Constructions LTD is incorporated;
- TRACE GROUP HOLD JSC;
- The joint venture named “GEOKAROPUT 2021” CLLC*, with participants: GEOSTROY JSC, KARO TRADING LTD and PUTSTROY-92 JSC;
- Groma Hold LTD.
*CLLC means Company registered under the Law on Liabilities and Contracts
The third 16,5-kilometer-long section of the above-mentioned highway will pass completely along a new route. It will begin at Hrabursko village – at 32nd km, will pass along a new terrain to the north of Bozhurishte, between the villages named Voluyak and Mramor and will find its way and will go/get into the Northern high-speed tangent at the road junction with Sofia ring road – at 48th km. The route will have width of 27 meters – two lanes for traffic in the relevant direction and an emergency lane. There will be 10 big structures with facilities in the section under review, out of which 7 subways, including an underpass at Sofia – Dragoman railway line, 2 bridges and one viaduct. Two road junctions will be constructed. The future road junction named “Kostinbrod” will connect “Evropa” Highway with the second-class road II-81 Sofia-Kostinbrod and Voluyak village and “Mramor” road junction will provide the connection of Mramor village with Kalotina, Sofia ring road and the Northern high-speed tangent. Road connections will be built at “Hrabursko” road section, where the highway route will cross the first-class road I-8 Slivnitsa-Sofia, as well as at the intersection with the municipal road SFO1400 in the direction of Kostinbrod town.
The project under review is financed and realized under Operational Program “Transport and Transport Infrastructure” 2014-2020.
The section of Sofia - “Kalotina” Checkpoint is a part of the main Trans-European transport network. The section is crucial to the traffic of transport system flows in the direction of west – east. The section establishes a connection with the Trans-European transport corridor “Orient/Eastern Mediterranean”. By virtue of a Council of Ministers’ decision dated 27th December 2018, a part of the route of the way I-8 Kalotina-Sofia was categorized as “Evropa” highway /A-6 /, with total length of 65,4 kilometers. It includes the route between Kalotina and Sofia with length of 48,9 kilometers and the Northern high-speed tangent /16,5 kilometers/.