12 Offers were Submitted for the Construction of another Section of Struma Motorway through the Kresna Gorge
The offers under the public procurement procedure for the selection of a contractor for the design and construction of lot 3.2.2, or another 10,4 km of Struma Motorway in the Kresna – Krupnik section, were opened. This is the carriageway from Kulata to Sofia, which will pass on the eastern side of the Kresna Gorge along a new route.
The entire section from Kresna to Krupnik, which is approximately 24 kilometers long, is divided into two lots – lot 3.2.1 and lot 3.2.2, thus allowing the works on the site to be carried out simultaneously in order the project to be completed within the time framework of the Operational Programme „Transport and Transport Infrastructure “.
The 12 offers for lot 3.2.2, opened in the order they were received at the Road Infrastructure Agency Registry Office, have been submitted by:
- KRESNA GROUP, in which participate: ISA 2000 ЕООD, EURO ALLIANCE TUNNELS EAD, and AVTOMAGISTRALI CHERNO MORE АD;
- AKKORDINDUSTRY CONSTRUCTION INVESTMENT CORPORATIONAD;
- DZZD АМ Struma-3.2.2, which includes: GBS- Infrastructural Construction AD, EPOS-Empresa Portuguesa de Obras Subterraneas SA /Portugal/, and Glavbolgarstroy International АD;
- CENGİZ İNŞAAT SANAYİ VE TİCARET ANONIM ŞİRKETİ A.S.;
- DZZDSOUTHERNCORRIDOR 3.2.2, in which participate: Doğuş İnşaat ve Ticaret А.S., Avtomagistrali Hemus АD, and Transconsult-22 ООD;
- GEOPATSTRUMA 3.2.2.Group, which includes: Geostroy АD, Patstroy-92 АD, Bias-М ЕООD, and Iliya Burda ЕООD;
- KOLINİNŞAAT TURİZM SANAYİ VE TİCARETA.S.;
- DZZDEUROPEANROADS 3.2.2, in which participate: GP GROUP АD and LOGISTICS 21 ЕООD;
- INTERBGConsortium, in which participate: PST Group ЕАD, Private joint stock company CONSTRUCTION ASSOCIATION INTERBUDMONTAGE, BG LAND CONSTRUCTION АD, and COPEX & CO ЕООD;
- TTBG 3.2.2. DZZD, in which participate: Todini Construzioni Generale S.P.А. and Todini Bulgaria ООD;
- АМ STRUMASOUTHWESTGROUP, in which participate: TRACE GROUP HOLD АD and ALVE CONSULT ЕООD;
- DZZDEUROPEANROADS 3.2.2, in which participate: EUROPEAN ROADS АD, GROMA HOLD ЕООD, WATER CONSTRUCTION – BLAGOEVGRAD АD, VAHOSTAV-СК а.с., PATPROEKT ЕООD, RUTEX ООD, and METROPROEKT PRAGUE AD.
Lot 3.2.2 has a length of 10,4 km. This site also includes the bypass of Kresna, which is 5,5 km long. At the Kresna bypass, a rest area will also be built, which will be electrified and will have water and sewage system. It will be linked to the town of Kresna. Four tunnels will be built in this section - Tisata (171 m long), Sveta Nedelya (1,3 km long), Kresna 1 Tunnel (358 m long), and Kresna 2 Tunnel (230 m long). They will be equipped with fire-alarm installations, ventilation, electric power supply, lighting, traffic management systems, etc. On this section there will be 11 viaducts with an approximate length of 5 km, as well as 9 underpasses and overpasses. Kresna Road junction – at km 401+640, will provide access from Kulata to Sofia and to road I-1. The indicative value of the public procurement for Lot 3.2.2 is BGN 430 525 209, VAT excluded.
The 10 offers submitted for lot 3.2.1 – from km 375+860 to km 389+100, and the adjacent road connections, were opened on February 15. It is with a length of 13,2 km. Three tunnels will be built in this section - Simitli (211 m long), Rakitna (1 135 m long) and Stara Kresna (1 052 m long). The facilities will be equipped with fire-alarm installations, ventilation, electric power supply, lighting, traffic management systems, etc. Ten viaducts with a total length of 3,5 km as well as 3 underpasses and overpasses will be built. Access to this route will be provided through 3 road junctions, namely Poleto, Mechkul and Stara Kresna. The indicative value for the construction of Lot 3.2.1 is BGN 444 796 305, VAT excluded.
The deadline for implementation of each public procurement is 1556 days, including the duration for design and construction.
The project is planned to be co-financed by the EU Cohesion Fund and the national budget under Operational Programme “Transport and Transport Infrastructure” 2014-2020.