Operational Programme On Transport
Operational Programme On Transport 2007-2013 (OPT) is one of the seven operational programmes of the Republic of Bulgaria financed by the Structural and the Cohesion Funds of the EU.
The objective of the OPT is the development of the railway, road and waterways infrastructure, as well as stimulation for the development of combined transport in conformity with the transport policy of the European Union and the established requirements for development of the trans-European transport network in order to achieve sustainability of the Bulgarian transport system.
The OPT specifically provides for advance identification of the individual beneficiaries of the projects and advance prioritization of an indicative list of infrastructure projects earmarked for financing by the programme.
The operational programme shall focus on several strategic priorities, which shall contribute to the integration of the national transport network into that of the EU. The achievement of these objectives will be a major contribution to the sustainable and balanced mid-term and long-term economic growth of this country.
Priority axis 2, Beneficiary: Road Infrastructure National Agency
DEVELOPMENT OF THE ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE ALONG THE TRANS-EUROPEAN AND MAJOR NATIONAL TRANSPORT AXES
The objective of the priority axis: Establishment and development of key road infrastructure links of nation-wide, cross-border and European importance and improvement of interoperability on major road routes.
The operations are co-financed by the EU Cohesion Fund.
Major groups of operations:
- Establishment and development of the main road infrastructure of nation-wide and European importance;
- Establishment and development of the main road infrastructure connecting the main road network of the Republic of Bulgaria with the main road networks of neighbouring countries.
The most important operations under this priority axis could be summarized as follows:
- Construction of new and rehabilitation and modernization of the existing motorways of nation-wide and European importance along the Trans-European transport network;
- Construction of new and rehabilitation and modernization of the existing I class roads of nation-wide and European importance along the Trans-European transport network;
- Construction, modernization and rehabilitation of road sections connecting the main road network of Bulgaria with the main road networks of neighbouring countries.
Projects with pending launch of tender procedures
- Construction of Struma Motorway
- Construction of Maritza Motorway from rkm 5+100 to rkm 72+960
- Construction of Hemus Motorway, Section : Sofia ring road – road junction Yana, from rkm 0 to rkm 8+460
- Completion of Trakia Motorway lot 2, lot 3 and lot 4
- Road I-5 Kurdzhali - Podkova
- Road Bypass of Gabrovo
- Road Bypass of Montana - Road I-1 /Е-79/
- Road Bypass of Vratsa - Road I-1 /Е-79/
- Western arc of the Sofia ring road - section 1
- Western arc of the Sofia ring road - section 2