Operational Programme ’’Transport and Transport Infrastructure’’ 2014-2020
“TRANSPORT AND TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE” 2014-2020
Operational Programme “Transport and Transport Infrastructure” 2014-2020 (OPTTI) is one of the ten operational programmes of the Republic of Bulgaria, co-financed by the EU Cohesion and Structural Funds.
The overall aim of OPTTI 2014-2020 and of Operational Programme “Transport” 2007-2013 is „Development of sustainable transport system”.
The following seven specific objectives have been identified as part of the overall objective of OPTTI 2014-2020:
- Attraction of passenger and freight traffic through improving the quality of the railway infrastructure along TEN-T;
- Removal of bottlenecks on the TEN-T road network;
- Increasing the usage of intermodal transport;
- Increasing the usage of metro;
- Improvement the transport management through introduction of innovative systems;
- Improvement the management of the railway network;
- Establishment of necessary conditions for successful completion of OPT 2007-2013; and implementation of OPTTI 2014-2020, strengthening the administrative capacity and public awareness.
The priority axes of the programme are as follows:
1. Development of the railway infrastructure along the “core” TEN-T;
2. Development of the road infrastructure along the “core” and “comprehensive” TEN-T;
3. Improvement of intermodal transport services for passengers and freights and development of sustainable urban transport;
4. Innovations in management and services – establishment of modernized infrastructure for traffic management, enhancement of both transport safety and transport security.
5. Technical assistance.
The Road Infrastructure Agency is a beneficiary under Priority axes 2, 4 and 5 of OPTTI.
Projects under OPTTI 2014-2020: