Ten Offers for the Construction of a Section of Struma Motorway through the Kresna Gorge
Ten offers were opened under the public procurement procedure for the selection of a contractor for the design and construction of 13,2 km of Struma Motorway, in the Kresna – Krupnik section. This is the carriageway from Kulata to Sofia, which will pass on the eastern side of the Kresna Gorge along a new alignment.
The entire section from Kresna to Krupnik, which is approximately 24 km long, is divided in two lots – Lot 3.2.1 and Lot 3.2.2, thus allowing the works on the site to be carried out simultaneously in order the project to be completed within the time framework of the Operational Programme until 2023.
The offers for Lot 3.2.1 – from km 375+860 to km 389+100, and the adjacent road connections, opened today in the order they were received at the Road Infrastructure Agency Registry Office, have been submitted by:
- DZZDDUYGU – VIAPLANSTRUMA 2018, in which participate: DUYGU MÜHENDİSLİK İNŞAAT TURİZM DIŞ TİCARETVESANAYİ LİMİTED ŞİRKETİOOD, and VIA-PLAN ЕООD;
- EURO-EXPERTSTROYDZZD, which includes: HYDROSTROY АD, INFRA EXPERT AD, AND EURO ALLIANCE TUNNELS EAD;
- „GBS- Infrastructural Construction“ AD;
- DZZDSOUTHERNCORRIDOR 3.2.1, in which participate: Doğuş İnşaat ve Ticaret АD, Avtomagistrali Hemus АD, and Transconsult-22 ООD;
- DZZDEUROPEANROADS 3.2.1, in which participate: GP GROUP АD and LOGISTICS 21 ЕООD;
- GEOPATSTRUMA 3.2.1 Group, which includes: Geostroy АD, Patstroy-92 АD, Bias-М ЕООD, and Iliya Burda ЕООD;
- INTERBGConsortium, in which participate: PST Group ЕАD, Private joint stock company CONSTRUCTION ASSOCIATION INTERBUDMONTAGE, BG LAND CONSTRUCTION АD, and COPEX & CO ЕООD;
- TTBG 3.2.1. DZZD, in which participate: Todini Construzioni Generale S.P.А. and Todini Bulgaria ООD;
- АМ STRUMASOUTHWESTGROUP, in which participate: TRACE GROUP HOLD АD and ALVE CONSULT ЕООD;
- DZZDAPPLOT 3.2.1, which includes: GROMA HOLD ЕООD, EUROPEAN ROADS АD, WATER CONSTRUCTION – BLAGOEVGRAD АD, PATPROEKT ЕООD, and VAHOSTAV-СК а.с.
Lot 3.2.1 has a length of 13,2 km. Three tunnels will be built in this section - Simitli (211 m long), Rakitna (1 135 m long) and Stara Kresna (1 052 m long). The facilities will be equipped with fire-alarm installations, ventilation, electric power supply, lighting, traffic management systems, etc. Ten viaducts with a total length of 3,5 km as well as 3 underpasses and overpasses will be built. Access to this route will be provided through 3 road junctions as follows:
- Poleto Road junction at km 379+470 which will provide access from Kulata to the villages of Brezhani and Poleto, as well as switching in the motorway in direction to Sofia.
- Mechkul Road junction at km 384+230 which will provide access from Kulata to the villages of Mechkul and Brezhani, and switching in the motorway in direction to Sofia.
- Stara Kresna Road junction at km 387+620 which will provide access from Kulata to the villages of Stara Kresna and Oshtava, and switching in the motorway in direction to Sofia.
The indicative value of the public procurement for Lot 3.2.1 is BGN 444 796 305, VAT excluded.
Offers for Lot 3.2.2 shall be submitted until 17:30 on February 18 (Monday) and will be opened the next day. This section is with a length of 10,4 km. Lot 3.2.2 also includes the bypass of Kresna, which is 5,5 km long. At the Kresna bypass, a rest area will also be built, which will be electrified and will have water and sewage system. It will be linked to the town of Kresna.
Four tunnels will be built within Lot 3.2.2 - Tisata (171 m long), Sveta Nedelya (1,3 km long), Kresna 1 Tunnel (358 m long), and Kresna 2 Tunnel (230 m long). They will be equipped with fire-alarm installations, ventilation, electric power supply, lighting, traffic management systems, etc. On this section there will be 11 viaducts with an approximate length of 5 km, as well as 9 underpasses and overpasses. Kresna Road junction – at km 401+640, will provide access from Kulata to Sofia, to road I-1. The indicative value of the public procurement for Lot 3.2.2 is BGN 430 525 209, VAT excluded.
The deadline for implementation of each public procurement is 1556 days, including the duration for design and construction.
The project is planned to be co-financed by the EU Cohesion Fund and the national budget under Operational Programme “Transport and Transport Infrastructure” 2014-2020.